If you have been swaplifted, please do the following things:
1. If your swapper has deleted their account or you feel you have been swaplifted, try and do some research on them. Find their phone number through whitepages.com and call them or send them a postcard (so anyone in their house can read it) telling them you plan on filing mail fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx and internet fraud charges http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx if they do not get in touch with you.
2. Call your swappers local police station and report them to the police. Lately, many police departments have started assisting in tracking down swaplifters and making them comply...you could be one of the lucky ones.
3. If you have been swaplifted and you have done #2 and #3 on the list, file mail fraud and internet fraud charges (you can always cancel these charges later). Send copies of the fraud charges to the swapper local police department, by fax, as a follow up to your phone call above.
Here are the links:
Mail fraud link: https://postalinspectors....s/MailFraudComplaint.aspx
Internet fraud link: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
4. Report your swaplifter to the swaplifters board. http://swaplifters.watson-wilson.ca/
Click the "email me" link at the bottom of the page.
5. Apply for a membership on SwapTawk http://swaptawk.yuku.com/ and start a thread about your swapper.